- Local welfare offices are set up in each municipality. They provide financial assistance and food stamps to eligible recipients. Contact the Borough Hall in your town for further information.
- County Welfare provides financial assistance, health benefits and food stamps to families with dependent children. Call: Monmouth County Division of Social Services (MCDSS), 732-431-6000.
- The Victims of Crime Compensation Office (VCCO) provides financial assistance for crime victims who have incurred medical expenses as a result of their criminal victimization. The VCCO will also pay lost wages, burial expenses, and counselling fees. VCCO information can be obtained by calling Toll Free 877-658-2221 or contact the Monmouth County Victim Witness Advocacy Unit
Domestic Violence Programs:
- 180 Turning Lives Around 732-264-4111
- Providence House of Ocean County 732-244-8259
- Women Aware of Middlesex County 732-249-4900
24-Hour Hotline: 732-249-4504
Survivors of Violent Crimes Support:
- Peer support information for those dealing with the effects of a traumatic event/PTSD.
Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Classes:
- The Mental Health Association of Monmouth County is offering Free Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Classes. You can visit their website page at “http://www.mentalhealthmonmouth.org/.