The mission of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office is to create and preserve an environment of safety and security for the citizens of Monmouth County.
To accomplish this broad-based mission, certain task-oriented goals, both traditional and non-traditional, have been adopted to provide a framework within which office business is conducted. Primary among these goals are the following:
- To protect the life and property of the citizens by successfully investigating and prosecuting criminal offenses which occur in Monmouth County;
- To promote and foster education of the public about the criminal justice system, crime prevention and victims’ rights;
- To identify law enforcement and prosecutorial needs in a changing environment and to promulgate initiatives to meet those changing needs;
- To promote and foster cooperation with other law enforcement, public service and prosecutorial entities having jurisdiction in Monmouth County;
- To fulfill a public-sector leadership role in the community by forming cooperative partnerships with other agencies, public officials, community leaders, and business leaders in an effort to improve the quality of life for the people of Monmouth County.
Every subdivision, subsection, or unit of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office has as its individual mission, in whole or in part, one or more of the aforementioned goals. It is this integration of mission and goals which enables the business of the Prosecutor’s Office to be conducted.