Immediate Opening in the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office for a Social Media Public Information Officer (PIO).
The Social Media PIO works with the other PIO in dealing exclusively with matters related to the sharing of information between the Prosecutor’s Office and the public it serves with an emphasis on social media. The PIOs’ goal is to assure that open lines of communication are maintained at all times with all segments of the Monmouth County community. The PIOs serve as the official Prosecutor’s Office spokesperson, responding to inquiries from the media and other sources. The duties of the Public Information Officer include but are not limited to the following:
* Maintaining the office social media accounts, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, web site, etc.
* Providing a liaison to all major media outlets
* Producing and disseminating all Prosecutor’s Office press releases
* Coordinating Prosecutor’s Office press conferences
* Facilitating all media interviews with Prosecutor’s Office personnel
* Coordinating Prosecutor’s Office press passes
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University with courses in any combination of the following: Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising and Communications.
Required.Preferred: Experience in work involving the dissemination of information in the field of news media, public relations, publicity and/or advertising.
Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
All applicants must pass a background check and drug screening to be considered for employment.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mailed to: Donna M. Clark
Director of Special Programs/Administrative Services
Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office
71 Monument Park
Freehold, NJ 07728